Each year, the Higher Education Center provides over 30 hours of online and in-person educational opportunities geared for professionals working to address collegiate substance misuse and support students in recovery. It is important to use that the educational content provided is meeting the ever-evolving needs of the professionals working in this space. To ensure those diverse needs are represented and met, HECAOD is establishing the Training Advisory Committee to provide guidance for the educational offerings for the 2021 calendar year.
The Training Advisory Committee will be a group of 8-10 individuals representing a range of experience levels, geographic regions, institution size and type, and populations served so that we can ensure representation of the diverse audience we serve.
Responsibilities for the Training Advisory Committee will include:
- Participation in the following 90-minute Zoom calls:
- Monday, June 15 from 3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
- Monday, September 21 from 3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
- Monday, March 1 from 3:00-4:30 p.m. ET
- Contribution of ideas for online training topics and potential presenters
- Selection of the 2021 National Meeting theme and breakout sessions
- Support in the promotion of online and in-person training opportunities throughout your network
- Attendance at the National Meeting is strongly encouraged
Those selected will be asked to serve a one-year term. In appreciation for their service, Training Advisory Committee members will receive a discounted rate for the 2021 National Meeting and a free individual membership to the Center, providing free access to our learning collaboratives and paid educational content.
Applications are due Monday, May 18th. Notification of selections will be made by Friday, May 29th.